News . Events
01.10.2019 by ChemBioSys
Workshop: Sequencing Data Management
19th and 20th of November 2019
Tuesday 19th, from 9:00 to 12:00 - General RDM
- The big picture on open science, open data, FAIR data
- Data acquisition principles: data formas, metadata, human and computer readability, data organisation
- The data « Life Cycle » and presentation of the ChemBioSys Research Data Management Plan
- Introduction to ontologies and minimum information standards in life sciences
- data.chembiosys.de and data collection and organisation in ChemBioSys
Wednesday 20th, from 14:00 to 17:00 - RDM for sequencing data
- Minimum information standards and ontologies for sequencing data
- Data repositories, data submission and data publication (NCBI)
- Data formats
- Hands-on with your own data - is your metadata FAIR?
For the hand-on it is recommended to bring your own data, or the data of your colleagues where you are aware how and why it was generated. We also recommend to bring your own laptop! (In case you don’t have one, we can provide one for the hands-on, but as the number of them is limited, please tell me in advance).
You can register at the following link: https://forms.gle/1frWMpdpKh2sHM5X8 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.